Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Illinois Last Will And Testament Notarizing A Will And Last Testament?

Notarizing a Will and Last Testament? - illinois last will and testament

First, I thank you all for helpful replies to my previous question!
I work the paper make it too easy "want", but now my question is the last will must be notarized or can I sign my 3 witnesses, they were there and in his mind and signing my will? If you are being recorded on my 3 witnesses may be signed before a notary or the notary, after I sign?
(we live in Illinois)

1 comment:

Phil R said...

CallLawGuy advice is solid, but I think it is necessary to expand a little.

First, make your own will is probably unwise. If you omit something or make a mistake, the premises are open to challenge in court at a later date. This could cost your heirs thousands of dollars in legal fees, and therefore completely thwart his wishes. In his effort to save several hundred dollars to a lawyer, will cost you at the end of thousands more later. But if you want to do his own will, read on.

The will must be notarized to be valid. Two or more witnesses who are the beneficiaries, not by the will must be signed. Some states also allow holograpic want, but they are about this discussion.

A notary public, unless you are also licensed attorney can not give legal advice. If you have a notarized YOU AND WITNESSES we must all appear before the notary to execute the will. Only then can the notary to attest to signatures and affixes his seal.

Although you have the right to his own will, in the interest of their LeaveErben, I hope that you consult an attorney in your country instead of license. For a referral, contact your local bar association or state.

Post a Comment